Appointment of Sectoral Committees
- There shall be select committees to be known as Sectoral Committees.The members of which shall be nominated by the County Assembly Business. Committee in consultation with County Assembly parties at the commencement of every County Assembly.
- A member appointed to a Sectoral committee at the commencement of a County Assembly or at any other time during the term of a County Assembly shall,Unless the County Assembly otherwise resolves, serve for the term of that County Assembly.
- Unless the County Assembly otherwise directs, the Sectoral Committees and the Subject matter respectively assigned to them shall be as set out in the Second Schedule.
- The mandate of Sectoral Committees in respect of the subject matter assigned under the Second Schedule of these Standing Orders shall only be exercised within the limits contemplated under Part 2 of the Fourth Schedule to the Constitution.
- The functions of a Sectoral Committee shall be to-
- Investigate, inquire into, and report on all matters relating to the mandate, management, activities, administration, operations and estimates of the assigned departments;
- Study the programme and policy objectives of departments and the effectiveness of the implementation;
- Study and review all county legislation referred to it;
- Study, assess and analyze the relative success of the departments as measured by the results obtained as compared with their stated objectives;
- Investigate and inquire into all matters relating to the assigned departments as they may deem necessary, and as may be referred to them by the County Assembly;
- To vet and report on all appointments where the Constitution or any law requires the County Assembly to approve, except those under Standing Order 185 (Committee on Appointments); and
- Make reports and recommendations to the County Assembly as often as possible, including recommendation of proposed legislation.