Duties and Responsibilities
- Deputizing the Clerk.
- External relations including international, inter-county Assemblies relations, conferences and protocol affairs.
- Assists the Clerk in administrative, budgeting and financial services of the county assembly.
- Enhancing public understanding and knowledge of the work of the county Assembly, increasing public accessibility and awareness and the operations.
- Offering procedural advice to Mr. Speaker, other Presiding officers and Members of County Assembly as required and overseeing the proceedings of the House.
- Undergoes training on parliamentary procedure, practices and etiquette and committee administration and management and any other relevant courses.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a person will have:
- Meritoriously executed supervisory duties and responsibilities in a related organization for at least three (3) years;
- Served in, and shown proven and enduring flair for assembly procedure and practice, and have wide experience on the role, functions and operation of a legislature or local authority, through exhaustive service in all spheres of a legislative body;
- Attended a senior management course from a recognized institution; and
- A degree in a relevant field from a university recognized in Kenya
- Proven commitment to and timely execution of duties and responsibilities in the assigned section.